June 26, 2022
124 Prospect St. Pontiac
One of the great things about missions trips is how they provide a cross-cultural experience - both in how another people group lives, but also in how they worship. This Sunday we are saving you the expense of a trip to another part of the world and inviting you to drive a few miles down the road for cross-cultural worship in Pontiac.
We have been invited to worship with New Springfield Church. As Pastor Parker told me, "This will be black church." It's going to feel a little different, but it will be educational and good! So plan to join us as we seek to encourage and be encouraged by our brothers and sisters in Christ. Let's break down those barriers that Paul talks about in Ephesians 2!
Because we want to be good guests, we're offering a few suggestions:
1. Bring a mask. They are more sensitive to Covid than we are, so we'll defer to them.
2. Bring some cash (because the way they do the offering is different). And be generous. They are a small church. This is an easy way to bless them.
3. Look nice - but it doesn't need to be anything extreme at all.
4. Be prepared for the service to last a little longer. We've been told 12:30 p.m. We would also like to share at this time that their pews are padded.
5. There are parking lots on either side of the building and across the street. You can also park on the street.
6. This is going to be a little harder for you if you have kids, but we'd still like for you to try. Kids can be in the service, and if you need to step out, you can make use of their fellowship hall. They do not, however, offer any nursery or children's church options. Even if you have to leave early, please come on out at least for a little while.
7. If you can't make it to the service in person, please tune into the live Zoom session. We'll send the link out later this week and again on Sunday morning.
There will be no services at our church facility on Airport Road this Sunday.
The address of the New Springfield is 124 Prospect Street. It's just off of Woodward about a mile north of St. Joe Hospital.
If you are not able to join us In-Person they do broadcast their service on Zoom. Here is the information for that service.
Zoom Meeting ID:
701 298 4850
Follow the prompts and use the Zoom Meeting ID:
701 298 4850 and Passcode: 124024